The sound is from a loud bang that goes through the streets
The blood is red, but the body is black
Walking down the street, caught by a shot on his back
Following the red track
The mother cries knowing that your son will never comeback
The tragic outcome so now repeats
There is blood on the ground there is blood on your feet
They couldn’t hesitate giving that shot
Neither the school’s uniform was seen
They seemed to be so far apart
But they saw the color of the skin
Walking in the city, I’m young, I’m black, I’m guilty
With the gun pointed at my head
And I don’t know if they will kill me
The way that you treated me was unfair
I said: “Officer I did nothing I swear”
Every day is a day of pain for my people
And the trauma is something that we can’t repair
If they catch you, then please don’t run
Every night the mother cries for her son
They reported the misunderstading
Because they thought that the cellphone was a gun
Again we are condemned by characteristics
And the society keeps seeing just as statistics
The losses make up a big list
However, even with the daily struggles, we say this:
We still have forces to rase up and our people still resist
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário